Skip to main content

Friendship is Valueless


Do not get offended just because it rained in the morning and you did not have a car to take your to work. Rather appreciate the fact that the weather was not 40c . It could have been worse. Now this is just as it is . The same sea that can be breath taking today can still turn out to be a tsunami tomorrow. That's just the way things are. The same friend that was happy for you yesterday could turn out to be your worst nightmare at some point.

My point ; just smile despite all. Look at the positive side of events. Look for a different boat to get to the other side. Do not allow things that are beyond your control to hold you hostage! Take that leap of faith and set yourself free. And while on the other side mind your own tiiiiii business. Life can be tough at times. Things may not turn out as we always plan and this can be sightly frustrating. All the same look at the positive side of the situation. Am not down playing some serious facts...of course it is tough when your friend today turns out to to be a stranger tomorrow. That does not mean they were never a friend. May be they were..... Maybe they were but you no longer the same, maybe they were but circumstances changed... May be they were but you became too boring for them... Just may be it was all just for a season or a lesson. Look at the positive side.

Now I have come to learn anybody can change to be anything they choose to be.Circumstances make people change...get bitter ...and finally get really hurt. Hurting people hurt others. Its not easy to cope with all the cares of this world. Circumstances out of our control cause people to change. Its a competitive world and once in a while people gauge themselves with others. Which is very wrong. They keep wondering why on earth you got all they need... It is not really easy on them...or rather... "Us"... We are just Fighting some battles...its not your fault its the fact that we are suffering from the disease of unhealthy competition. While you bank with the high end bank ... we somehow found ourselves with a bank on receivership, You are barely our age group and on your forth job while we are on our first and promotion is not forthcoming. We are on our 6th relationships in less than two years while you now walking down the aisle. We are living above our means while you always got that extra cash to take great holiday. You got solid friendships while all we got is a few colleagues who at times talk shiet* behind our backs. You are sober and content with it ... While we are always high and fake happiness behind the influence. And the list is just endless. So anytime you smiling we* are hurting.

So often we find ourselves in similar situations ; a very unfamiliar ground. Just make sure to keep a positive attitude and smile as long as it is beyond your control. Friendship is valueless just do what you have to do to keep your true friends. Any time you find the relationship strained be the first to say I am sorry and further ask what you could do to change things. A true friend however mad they are will listen to you. If they do not give you a chance that's okay too. Its beyond your control now. Just keep a smile and relax. Wish then well even when its obvious that their intentions or actions are otherwise. They are still a friend ; a friend that changed their mind and friendship is valueless!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive,and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

Wa Muthuka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty? Why not Just Clean it?

Gross? Not sure. It depends on how you look at it. But nevertheless chances are you are right. I had bought the cup anyway, so I had to try it. It felt like a first day of bikini waxing. A little awkward but then still curious enough to just want to go on. I believe in the menstrual cup, but let’s just say I will need some time to get used to it. So I went back to my tampons for a while. This time round I changed my brand from OB to Cotton. Believe me I am not the kind that promotes products. Unless it’s so irresistible. I found out that the Cottons tampons are only made from 100% natural cotton. Cottons tampons are also hypo-allergenic and biodegradable. Wish I had discovered this a little earlier. Nevertheless, now I know. So, I had to share the good news with someone. Who best fits than someone who has been forced to stick with you for more than 8 hours a day by a simple pay check? So I pull out a small well packed tampon box to show her. It did not bother me that I had some

NOT NOW...

[Photo Coutesy of Google.] So it is 5 th June, it’s summerish in New York I thin k. We touch down at JFK at 6:55am or about local time. Never mind I still call it JKIA every so often because that’s where I frequent most. I am excited and anxious at the same time. It’s been a 15hour flight and to be so sincere , I can’t feel my big toe. I just want to get out of this freaking big plane and breathe some fresh air. So I walk past the flight attendant at the exit door and in a small scared coarse voice I whisper to myself, “Welcome to America Village Girl.” I then walk behind this particular lady whom from a distance seems to be nice. She was seated across my wing in the flight, between a black old lady and a Mzungu guy. Everybody is walking very fast. Why on earth do people walk that fast after alighting from a plane? Let’s just assume most of them have connecting flights and the rest of us are just scared of being left behind. Deep within, I am sure this lady is going to help

Red Love Day

Valentine day, what is it? … mmmh … makes the two of us. I have been looking for the real meaning to it. All I have grasped over the past few years is that the day is red in color and it is celebrated by lovers. So I choose to call it a ‘Red Love day.’ There is an immeasurable distance between Love and Red Love; Life's greatest tragedy is that we get old too soon and never get to differentiate the two. But think again, they say it’s never too late to get back on track. Well, I do agree. But I choose to think it may depend on what took you off the track.... (Imagine the case of a fatal Accident; I can ass ure you chances are that you may never get back on track.) . But all the same don't we have survivors of such! In a few days time ‘Red Love day’ will be here with us and not to mention lots of expectations from lovers .The roses, candle lit dinner, chocolates …the very inevitable will be the Heart-Breaks. Consciously or unconsciously.... many of us have plans ready on how to m