Skip to main content

Rules to the Simple Good Life!




Yes it actually exists. What is it? It’s that kind of life that you have more up than down moments. The kind of life you find joy, peace of heart and happiness just following you for no reason. Now am sure you are just about to say it easier said than done. Not that I don’t know. But I know how possible it is to simplify your life. People are always looking for this kind of life in all manners of things. What they forget is that this kind of life is not found in anything, it is actually created from nothing. As simple as that. However simple it is, we find very wealthy and elite members of our community lacking this essential. I have found 5 simple rules that lead to a simple good life as narrated below:

1.      Love God.
Only fools say there is no God! The good book has everything we need in this life. Ensure you pray and thank God for everything in your life. Whether you got it all together or not. Just thank God that you got the opportunity to breathe; it is the only precious gift you don’t get to pay for. It feels good to be always inspired by the Maker of the universe who gives a hope and a future. This is my number one priority in life even during the many times my priorities get messed up yes it is! Love God you are guaranteed a reciprocate for sure. He loved you before you loved Him!

2.      Give yourself a value.
Love yourself and be content with what you have and who you are! People who enjoy their simple life treat themselves as kings and they know their value. They take themselves out, buy that nice original designer perfume for self and have a hobby or two. Please just get a few activities/sports that can get you go wild. It’s very important. Learn to enjoy your own company every now and then. Give yourself the permission to walk from the crowd and listen to your inner self every once in a while. Live within your means, by the way we shall not care, so don’t try to impress us. This is a mean world. It will hurt you more. Now please give us a break on those loan attached depreciating assets, and you know what I am talking about, huh? A self value is not what you have but who you are! Get it right and you will not regret.

3.      Guard those who care about you with all your heart.
Treat your friends and family with all the care and genuine concern. Please learn that all the people in your life are never an accident. It was the define will of God. Do not forget that they may not be permanent there either. Everything for a season! Learn to listen to the small still voice when it comes to people. If someone walks out of your life, do not be quick to chase after them. This will not make them less important, trust me if they want to be in your life the small still voice will do the magic. In a blink of an eye everything could change so make the most with those who mean the most.

4.      Cut drama in your life.
If you ever find yourself in the wrong ‘story line’ buddy please leave peacefully.  Do not stick when all you get is drama after drama. Once in a while call for a meeting with self and cut the unnecessary from your life. Most importantly you should learn to be okay with that and never be apologetic for doing what is really good for you dear.  Be patient with others just like others are patient with you. Give plenty of second chances but never forget you aren’t no saint so set Limits too. Imagine life is so simple with less drama in your life! Just close your eyes and picture a baby smiling! …it is that simple. Smile your way off all drama.


5.      Identify your purpose in this life.
Why on earth are you still alive? I can assure you it’s not just for you to have a good job. There is some level of fulfillment you get from your purpose that you will not get from a good job and a big bank account. If you still don’t know what your purpose is start by doing something for someone who can never repay you. Make sure to live for something, it will make you feel better by far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty? Why not Just Clean it?

Gross? Not sure. It depends on how you look at it. But nevertheless chances are you are right. I had bought the cup anyway, so I had to try it. It felt like a first day of bikini waxing. A little awkward but then still curious enough to just want to go on. I believe in the menstrual cup, but let’s just say I will need some time to get used to it. So I went back to my tampons for a while. This time round I changed my brand from OB to Cotton. Believe me I am not the kind that promotes products. Unless it’s so irresistible. I found out that the Cottons tampons are only made from 100% natural cotton. Cottons tampons are also hypo-allergenic and biodegradable. Wish I had discovered this a little earlier. Nevertheless, now I know. So, I had to share the good news with someone. Who best fits than someone who has been forced to stick with you for more than 8 hours a day by a simple pay check? So I pull out a small well packed tampon box to show her. It did not bother me that I had some

NOT NOW...

[Photo Coutesy of Google.] So it is 5 th June, it’s summerish in New York I thin k. We touch down at JFK at 6:55am or about local time. Never mind I still call it JKIA every so often because that’s where I frequent most. I am excited and anxious at the same time. It’s been a 15hour flight and to be so sincere , I can’t feel my big toe. I just want to get out of this freaking big plane and breathe some fresh air. So I walk past the flight attendant at the exit door and in a small scared coarse voice I whisper to myself, “Welcome to America Village Girl.” I then walk behind this particular lady whom from a distance seems to be nice. She was seated across my wing in the flight, between a black old lady and a Mzungu guy. Everybody is walking very fast. Why on earth do people walk that fast after alighting from a plane? Let’s just assume most of them have connecting flights and the rest of us are just scared of being left behind. Deep within, I am sure this lady is going to help

Red Love Day

Valentine day, what is it? … mmmh … makes the two of us. I have been looking for the real meaning to it. All I have grasped over the past few years is that the day is red in color and it is celebrated by lovers. So I choose to call it a ‘Red Love day.’ There is an immeasurable distance between Love and Red Love; Life's greatest tragedy is that we get old too soon and never get to differentiate the two. But think again, they say it’s never too late to get back on track. Well, I do agree. But I choose to think it may depend on what took you off the track.... (Imagine the case of a fatal Accident; I can ass ure you chances are that you may never get back on track.) . But all the same don't we have survivors of such! In a few days time ‘Red Love day’ will be here with us and not to mention lots of expectations from lovers .The roses, candle lit dinner, chocolates …the very inevitable will be the Heart-Breaks. Consciously or unconsciously.... many of us have plans ready on how to m