Skip to main content

Things you will regret bringing forward in 2015!




1. Not loving you.

You are the most important person in your life. Without you there is no you.  Make sure to love yourself good enough for others to be envious. Don’t let anyone treat you less than you deserve. It is important to love yourself enough to walk away from things that no longer work for you. It could be a job, relationship, people... As long as it does not work or add value to your life, please bounce ….walk away. 


2. Not having a good relationship with God.

Buddy, this life can be tough at times! You will have your friend ditch you at the hardest time of your life. You will have another lie to you continuous on how they cannot be available. A third one will give you a straight No when you need them most. So what do you do when life is all this tough? Woe unto you if you will not have a personal relationship with God, who promises to be close than a brother! In 2015 ensure that God is your number one priority!


3. Not having time for your friends and family.

No ’wind’ from whichever direction should come into your life and make you trade you longtime relationships with your friends or family. This is an abomination! No wind lasts forever please understand that. It can only last for a while. Enjoy it while it lasts but keep your eyes on your family and friends to make sure they do not go with the wind! I hope that is so clear. In short, don’t trade you family and friends for ‘no-thing’. Period.


4. Getting advice from the wrong sources.

Unless you are a supper human listen to good advice. This advice could be from your 5 year old daughter but as long its good advice, please listen to it. We all know when good advice comes knocking, it those words that pierce your heart in such a way that you want to object but deep within you know it’s the plain truth. Please vet your advisers too, are they preaching water and drinking wine? More importantly get a mentor, someone who is more reasonable than you are … to slap sense into you when things fall apart.


5. Sticking into an abusive relationship.

Now where do I start with this! Now let me say I will still need a few more years of experience to write on this topic. However, the few years in my basket can give me a leeway to say a word or two. Relationships are a two way, if they don’t love you as much as you do ..forget about it. However silly you act they will just despise you. You must know beyond no doubt that someone really loves you just the way you are.  Abuse in relationship is not just the beating… No… It is actually more emotional, just like any other form! Do not allow yourself to be a doormat for anyone to step on you any time the leave or come in. Love yourself buddy.


6. Spending your Money to just show off.

Now for your information those who have ‘it’ are trying to play low so that we don’t notice. So anytime we see you trying so hard to fit in..We just feel so sorry for you. Please stop. We all want to own the whole world but then it’s not possible. Please invest your money wisely . Let your money work for you. Live within your means… Getting a loan you cannot afford to buy things that you don’t need is not progress but foolishness.


7. Expecting everything to be just about you.

Now my friend I can assure you all humanity need a lil’ bit of attention, you live in a world full of billions of awesome people. Why on earth would you think that we can all focus on you? Just before you get offended here is the secret. Think about others and others will think about you! Its that simple.

Do not wait until it is too late, to learn what is important!
 By Wa Muthuka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty? Why not Just Clean it?

Gross? Not sure. It depends on how you look at it. But nevertheless chances are you are right. I had bought the cup anyway, so I had to try it. It felt like a first day of bikini waxing. A little awkward but then still curious enough to just want to go on. I believe in the menstrual cup, but let’s just say I will need some time to get used to it. So I went back to my tampons for a while. This time round I changed my brand from OB to Cotton. Believe me I am not the kind that promotes products. Unless it’s so irresistible. I found out that the Cottons tampons are only made from 100% natural cotton. Cottons tampons are also hypo-allergenic and biodegradable. Wish I had discovered this a little earlier. Nevertheless, now I know. So, I had to share the good news with someone. Who best fits than someone who has been forced to stick with you for more than 8 hours a day by a simple pay check? So I pull out a small well packed tampon box to show her. It did not bother me that I had some

Red Love Day

Valentine day, what is it? … mmmh … makes the two of us. I have been looking for the real meaning to it. All I have grasped over the past few years is that the day is red in color and it is celebrated by lovers. So I choose to call it a ‘Red Love day.’ There is an immeasurable distance between Love and Red Love; Life's greatest tragedy is that we get old too soon and never get to differentiate the two. But think again, they say it’s never too late to get back on track. Well, I do agree. But I choose to think it may depend on what took you off the track.... (Imagine the case of a fatal Accident; I can ass ure you chances are that you may never get back on track.) . But all the same don't we have survivors of such! In a few days time ‘Red Love day’ will be here with us and not to mention lots of expectations from lovers .The roses, candle lit dinner, chocolates …the very inevitable will be the Heart-Breaks. Consciously or unconsciously.... many of us have plans ready on how to m

NOT NOW...

[Photo Coutesy of Google.] So it is 5 th June, it’s summerish in New York I thin k. We touch down at JFK at 6:55am or about local time. Never mind I still call it JKIA every so often because that’s where I frequent most. I am excited and anxious at the same time. It’s been a 15hour flight and to be so sincere , I can’t feel my big toe. I just want to get out of this freaking big plane and breathe some fresh air. So I walk past the flight attendant at the exit door and in a small scared coarse voice I whisper to myself, “Welcome to America Village Girl.” I then walk behind this particular lady whom from a distance seems to be nice. She was seated across my wing in the flight, between a black old lady and a Mzungu guy. Everybody is walking very fast. Why on earth do people walk that fast after alighting from a plane? Let’s just assume most of them have connecting flights and the rest of us are just scared of being left behind. Deep within, I am sure this lady is going to help