Skip to main content

Do not introduce ' them' to us yet



It comes to that time in one’s life when the clock stops, the world disappears and all you know is this one person in your life that seems so special than the rest of us. You wanna see them every other second; you wanna talk to them endlessly. You unreasonably and stupidly want them around every other second. So you ask, what is wrong with this? …and I say absolutely nothing wrong! Having such feelings is pretty human, I too live in this planet and I know how good it feels. However there is everything wide of the mark when you want to believe that this person is an angel and that they are everything that you have never found in anyone else including your other friends. It is very off beam not to bother enquiring more of the person from third opinions especially friends. Assuming that they feel the same way as well or that they will not end up like the last person in your life is equally suicidal.
So, who says so? Mmm… Nobody else.. may be just me..! I have come to believe that experience is the most inhuman teacher at times yet the most sobering. Luckily enough I was fortunate to learn this from some episodes in my friend’s life. It was heartbreaking to see my friend go through the soap opera of her life. Having introduced him to friends and family, the relationship did not last even ½ a year. He was too heartless to even bother to explain why he had to call it off. In the following few months he had moved on with a ‘new catch’….and the rest is history. It is so unfortunate that most of the crucial things highly affecting our lives are never taught in a classroom yet we are expected to learn. Ever wondered why no topic has ever taught you what to do when you like someone so senselessly and your greatest fear is not them but yourself that you just can’t trust?  Interesting my friend found a new squeeze immediately and as usual family and friends were introduced to this new guy! I was as mad as hell!  Anyway don’t mind about me….and the story continues… Whoever said Love was blind knew what they were referring to. Why is it so obvious to those at a distant yet a mystery to the one in it? Don’t you think it is important to take time and learn a person before you single them out of the crowd? How on heaven’s sake do you introduce 5 different people to your grandmother in a span of 3 years? Think about it! So what am I saying? Just before you introduce to us that 6th character, please take time and be a little bit sure. Do not risk your grandmother’s heart again! You will also avoid unnecessary explanation on ‘what happened’. But all the same this is part of life and it has to move on either way. We all learn through experiences. My friend has had to learn a number of things from my different self inflicting experiences too. So I aint the angel here! Lucky are those who are keen to learn from other people’s experiences. Please learn if you can!
It is said that even the worst person in the society has some positive influence to show. At least children will be told, please don’t grow to be like so and so’ . The most important decisions are not to be made with the mind; they are to be made with the heart. So the next time you have that important decision to make, check in with how you feel, not how you think. A third opinion will be necessary too since a person heart can be deceitful!

Written By: Ndunge Wa Muthuka (Dinah Muthuka)



Comments

  1. Waitin for season 2 of the above... An am wondering if that ride from Kinyui chat has anything to do with this :-D

    Cheers.

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Gal

    Just gone through your article and i would be honest to say its so true what you have written and you know something else a Person is never yours until God Says So... So some people are meant to hurt us so that the one God will bring to you, you will hold them so dear and love them than before counting this is the match that you will connecting Day in Day out without feeling bored tired and always looking forward to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty? Why not Just Clean it?

Gross? Not sure. It depends on how you look at it. But nevertheless chances are you are right. I had bought the cup anyway, so I had to try it. It felt like a first day of bikini waxing. A little awkward but then still curious enough to just want to go on. I believe in the menstrual cup, but let’s just say I will need some time to get used to it. So I went back to my tampons for a while. This time round I changed my brand from OB to Cotton. Believe me I am not the kind that promotes products. Unless it’s so irresistible. I found out that the Cottons tampons are only made from 100% natural cotton. Cottons tampons are also hypo-allergenic and biodegradable. Wish I had discovered this a little earlier. Nevertheless, now I know. So, I had to share the good news with someone. Who best fits than someone who has been forced to stick with you for more than 8 hours a day by a simple pay check? So I pull out a small well packed tampon box to show her. It did not bother me that I had some

Red Love Day

Valentine day, what is it? … mmmh … makes the two of us. I have been looking for the real meaning to it. All I have grasped over the past few years is that the day is red in color and it is celebrated by lovers. So I choose to call it a ‘Red Love day.’ There is an immeasurable distance between Love and Red Love; Life's greatest tragedy is that we get old too soon and never get to differentiate the two. But think again, they say it’s never too late to get back on track. Well, I do agree. But I choose to think it may depend on what took you off the track.... (Imagine the case of a fatal Accident; I can ass ure you chances are that you may never get back on track.) . But all the same don't we have survivors of such! In a few days time ‘Red Love day’ will be here with us and not to mention lots of expectations from lovers .The roses, candle lit dinner, chocolates …the very inevitable will be the Heart-Breaks. Consciously or unconsciously.... many of us have plans ready on how to m

Dear Hun,

  Dear  Hun, It’s slightly above a quarter century and still waiting patiently for the day you will be mine. You already have had a special place in my heart.  You will be the first related man to know and love in my life and to live under the same roof.  I may not know how people live with their brothers or fathers but all I can say is that I am looking forward and ready for the eventuality. I overhear it aint smooth either. At least I have had male figures in my life so it’s not going to be that bad. From a distance I stare at the sky ( You see the picture up there? That's me thinking about you 😀  and know that I already love you leave alone miss you. I know our Kid(s) will have the best father under the sun; one who will be there to teach them how to ride a bike ... to mention but a few. I already envy them! There are things I got to warn you about though; I am an extrovert but an introvert in thought. I also got a dominant sanguine character so you definitely