Skip to main content

Is Time a Healer for sure?


I may not understand this, but I have heard people say and sing that time is a healer? Critically looking at the statement I find something missing.  How is time a healer? And if it is a healer; why can’t we forget the many things that happened to us long looooong time ago? There is a woman out there who lost her child more that 15 years ago. Why is the pain so fresh today? How much longer will she have to wait to get the pain off her heart? Why can’t my 34 year friend George* forgive his father for abandoning the family while he was only 3 years old? You want to tell me 31 years is a short time? Of course NO! Unfortunately many of us go through life with lots of pain caged in our heart, unable to gain that emotional freedom from the pains of the past.

It is such a weight, not imaginary …a weight that you literally feel. A pain which at times prevents you from breathing , eating , thinking and worse from moving on with life. You feel literal pain in your heart, a pain you can point out …the kind that is bitter -sour- painful –heartbreaking-ripping-stuff smashing ... It is either that this pain is self inflicted or inflicted by others. The worst part is that there is no shortcut to pain; no pain killer can ease this kind of pain. We have to go though it over a certain period. This kind of pain can eventually and unconsciously holds us hostage if ignored!

When we go though pain, it is very easy to become bitter. Many of us are not aware that it is a serious problem that can have spiritual, emotional and physical consequences. Many a times the pain is self inflicting since we have made up our mind not to let go. We guard the pain so that the other party can understand how badly they hurt us. It is said; no one can ever hurt you unless you let them to. Most a times we open our hearts to pain, we then become bitter with ourselves, God, family, friends and any thing that can be blamed. It is not easy to realize that we are bitter …but immediately we entertain such statement like: ‘I can not forget what they did to Me.’, ‘Where was God all this time?’, ‘They will see.’ etc. We are definitely bitter and on the road to ‘Pain- Bitterness Imprisonment’.

I go back to time, I want to believe that time is not a healer, but what we do with the time is. Pain is temporary; it will last as long as we let it to. It may take time to forget a failed relationship; it may take time to forget what your friends did to you. It may take time to forget the loss of a loved one and the list is endless. But of importance is that we have to PURPOSE to get that emotional freedom. We have to purpose to forgive ourselves, our friends, our family and replace the pain/bitterness with good deeds and love.  Deep within us, we know that somehow we’re supposed to forgive and show love, but we always feel as though we’re being asked to rip ourselves inside out, tear our hearts out, and give them to our enemy; which is never the case.  Forgiveness is the key to what time will be to us; it is the start key to our emotional freedom and the healing that we desperately need.

Take time to analyze and acknowledge the pain you have carried over the years in your heart, purpose to let Go and let God help you to forgive. Ask God to replace that pain with Love and forgiveness. Whatever you will do with time will be the answer to your freedom and through it time will definitely be a great healer!

Written By: Ndunge Wa Muthuka (Dinah Muthuka)

Comments

  1. Wao, that's deep.
    It all depends on the individual.
    For me, the grace of God soothes all our wounds & love heals everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we truly dwell on the time, it will be scratching afresh wounds that were already starting to heal, will refresh the hurt that someone caused and inflict unforgivenss on sel.
    We only can do one thing, forget what is behind because you cannot rectify the past but you can better the future.
    Focus and centre your faith only on God and not on how beautiful, strong, handsome or even how reach you are. All these can change but GOD can never change.
    Confession " with your tongue" will either help you be an overcomer of the past by change of attitude or be a victim perpetually of the past you cannot change.-

    Call Him:CHUCK DE DEN CHARLES.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dirty? Why not Just Clean it?

Gross? Not sure. It depends on how you look at it. But nevertheless chances are you are right. I had bought the cup anyway, so I had to try it. It felt like a first day of bikini waxing. A little awkward but then still curious enough to just want to go on. I believe in the menstrual cup, but let’s just say I will need some time to get used to it. So I went back to my tampons for a while. This time round I changed my brand from OB to Cotton. Believe me I am not the kind that promotes products. Unless it’s so irresistible. I found out that the Cottons tampons are only made from 100% natural cotton. Cottons tampons are also hypo-allergenic and biodegradable. Wish I had discovered this a little earlier. Nevertheless, now I know. So, I had to share the good news with someone. Who best fits than someone who has been forced to stick with you for more than 8 hours a day by a simple pay check? So I pull out a small well packed tampon box to show her. It did not bother me that I had some

Red Love Day

Valentine day, what is it? … mmmh … makes the two of us. I have been looking for the real meaning to it. All I have grasped over the past few years is that the day is red in color and it is celebrated by lovers. So I choose to call it a ‘Red Love day.’ There is an immeasurable distance between Love and Red Love; Life's greatest tragedy is that we get old too soon and never get to differentiate the two. But think again, they say it’s never too late to get back on track. Well, I do agree. But I choose to think it may depend on what took you off the track.... (Imagine the case of a fatal Accident; I can ass ure you chances are that you may never get back on track.) . But all the same don't we have survivors of such! In a few days time ‘Red Love day’ will be here with us and not to mention lots of expectations from lovers .The roses, candle lit dinner, chocolates …the very inevitable will be the Heart-Breaks. Consciously or unconsciously.... many of us have plans ready on how to m

Dear Hun,

  Dear  Hun, It’s slightly above a quarter century and still waiting patiently for the day you will be mine. You already have had a special place in my heart.  You will be the first related man to know and love in my life and to live under the same roof.  I may not know how people live with their brothers or fathers but all I can say is that I am looking forward and ready for the eventuality. I overhear it aint smooth either. At least I have had male figures in my life so it’s not going to be that bad. From a distance I stare at the sky ( You see the picture up there? That's me thinking about you 😀  and know that I already love you leave alone miss you. I know our Kid(s) will have the best father under the sun; one who will be there to teach them how to ride a bike ... to mention but a few. I already envy them! There are things I got to warn you about though; I am an extrovert but an introvert in thought. I also got a dominant sanguine character so you definitely